Web Designer/Web Manager
Workman Publishing Company has been producing award-winning calendars, cookbooks, parenting guides, and children’s titles, as well as gardening, humor, self-help, and business books, since 1968. From our What to Expect® pregnancy and parenting series and Page-A-Day® Calendars to the iconic 1,000 Places to See Before You Die and Brain Quest® children's products, our wide range of high-quality non-fiction titles and products inspire, educate, and entertain readers around the globe.
The Web Designer/Web Manager will upkeep, monitor, and manage the company's corporate website and major brand properties; assist Marketing and Promotions departments with the creation of art, as well as landing pages and micro-sites for advertising purposes; code, send, and redesign (as needed) monthly and biweekly newsletters; provide customer service for parties outside the company, as well as technical support for parties within; troubleshoot and resolve web-related issues with the corporate site and brand properties; manage the development team in charge of the company's servers; assist with project management on re-launches of major brands; and provide analytics data for sites and newsletter blasts, as well as ensure all company properties are SEO compliant.
- Degree in Web Design or equivalent work experience
- Strong grasp of PHP libraries
- Familiarity with a range of CMSs, including WordPress and Express Engine
- Experience working with Krang a plus
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and Google Analytics
- Ability to design web ads
- Familiarity with ExactTarget, MailChimp, and best practices for newsletter design
- Background in WordPress development
- Familiarity with PERL and MySQL
Please contact email@example.com.