Do you want to make a GIANT difference this holiday season?
We here at Workman like to give back whenever we can. Every year we hold a food drive just before Thanksgiving. This year, we enlisted the help of our very favorite hungry giant to spread the word.
And, thanks to our over-sized friend and our extra generous employees, we were able to collect 1,200 pounds of food for City Harvest, all of which has been distributed to food pantries throughout New York City.
If you’re eager to help those in need, here are some simple ways (with potentially giant impact) that you can give back to your community.
- Find a local food bank and make a donation. Or find a soup kitchen and volunteer. These websites make it simple–just enter your zip code: FeedingAmerica.org, FoodPantries.org, AmpleHarvest.org.
- Check out charities like Food For All, which has teamed up with over 8,000 grocery stores to make it easy to donate money to help end hunger around the world–just tack a small donation on to your bill.
- Go to a click-to-donate website where all it takes it one click to make a difference, like: thehungersite.com and hungrychildren.com. Or you can test your vocabulary and trivia knowledge, while giving back, with sites like: freerice.com and freeflour.com.
- Support the efforts of your local Meals on Wheels program by donating your time, or your always perfect specialty.
- Help families around the world to feed themselves by giving to an organization like Heifer International, which provides people with livestock and the training necessary to care for these animals.
There are so many ways to help end world hunger. For details on the programs listed above or for more simple ways to help, check out How to Be an Everyday Philanthropist.
To feed a hungry giant, you just need giant food–and a giant heart.