The Complete Healthy Dog Handbook
The Definitive Guide to Keeping Your Pet Happy, Healthy & Active Through Every Stage of Life
Paperback / softback,
(also available in
Electronic book text
Published by Workman Publishing
Back Cover Copy
The indispensable medical reference for every dog-owning household. Written by a veterinarian with a gift for presenting complex information in a lively, accessible way, this book covers everything from choosing the right puppy (or adopting the perfect adult) to caring for the senior dog. It thoroughly discusses more than 100 canine illnesses, and includes the most up-to-date information on pet food safety, "designer" dog breeds, homemade diets, vaccine protocols, obesity and heart disease, pet insurance, and more. No subject is too small, complicated or embarrassing:
- My puppy’s teeth are falling out. What is wrong?
- Do dogs with heart disease need a special diet or exercise restrictions?
- Should I soak my dog’s cracked footpads?
- What can be done for a dog with hip dysplasia?
- Is a vegetarian diet healthy for dogs?
- My dog has terrible breath. Is there a treatment?
- I don’t like using pesticides. Is there a less toxic approach to flea control?
- My dog licks his paws constantly—why, and how can we get him to stop?
- Do some dogs get senile as they get older? What are the symptoms?