The long-awaited home décor bible by the beloved design blogger
“Thank you,” wrote a reader to Design*Sponge creator Grace Bonney, “for teaching me that houses don’t have to be frumpy and formal. They don’t have to be matchy-matchy or rigidly modern.” They can just be comfy and unique and reflect who you are, no matter how small your budget or space.
That reader is one of the 75,000 unique daily visitors to Design*Sponge, who make it the most popular design site on the web. The site receives 250,000 pageviews every day and has 150,000 RSS subscribers and 280,000 followers on Twitter. Design*Sponge fans have been yearning for the ultimate design manual from their guru, Grace, and she has finally delivered with this definitive guide, which includes:
• Home tours of 70 real-life interiors featuring artists and designers
• Fifty DIY projects, with detailed instructions for personalizing your space
• Step-by-step tutorials on everything from stripping and painting furniture to hanging wallpaper and doing your own upholstery
• Fifty Before & After makeovers submitted by readers of Design*Sponge—real people with limited time and realistic budgets
• Essential tips on modern flower arranging, with 20 arrangements
With over 700 color photos and illustrations and projects that are customizable, relatable, and affordable, this is the democratizing design book everyone has been waiting for—and all for only $35.00!
about Grace Bonney
Grace Bonney is the founder of Design*Sponge, a daily website dedicated to the creative community. Design*Sponge was founded in 2004 and currently reaches nearly 2 million readers per day. A native of Virginia Beach, Bonney has worked as a contributing editor at publications such as House & Garden, Domino, and Craft magazine. She is passionate about supporting all members of the creative community; she runs an annual scholarship for up-and-coming designers, writes a free business column for creatives, and is the host of a weekly radio show, After the Jump, which reaches over 500,000 listeners per episode. Her first book, Design*Sponge at Home, is a national bestseller and has over 100,000 copies in print. After 12 years in Brooklyn, Bonney now lives in New York’s Hudson River Valley with her wife and their three pets.