Thank you for your interest in a career at Workman Publishing. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team! We invite you to explore our career options below; we look forward to hearing from you.
Workman Publishing seeks a Marketing Coordinator to join its dynamic publicity and marketing team. Position will report to the Associate Director of Marketing.
- Title Campaign Manager: Responsible for executing the campaigns for frontlist titles each season, working to realize the strategy and plans developed by the Executive Director of Publicity and Marketing, the Director of Digital Marketing and Strategy, and the Associate Director of Marketing. Includes responsibilities across both digital and traditional platforms that reach both consumers and the trade.
- Promotional Materials: Assist in the idea generation and design of promotional materials for authors, accounts, and partners. Including postcards, posters, authorless event kits, and more
- Partnership Acquisition and Retention: Facilitate large-scale partnerships and promotions with third parties for both backlist and frontlist titles. Plan and conduct sweepstakes, but also assist in developing the next phase of Workman’s partnership programs in conjunction with the department leadership team.
- Author Relations: Work closely with authors to develop campaigns and build personal brands
- Backlist Campaign Manager: Execute on the backlist campaigns developed by the Associate Director of Marketing
- Advertising: Assist in the design, submission, and billing of all ads across digital, print, and broadcast media
- Marketing Mailings: Organize and execute marketing mailings, including bookstore mailings, and online research to identify influencers in the areas Workman publishes into, book blogging, book clubs, and more.
- Marketing Meetings: gather materials needed and take notes at weekly marketing meetings and prepare the marketing presentations for sales conference
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-3 years book publishing marketing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, both internal to Workman and with outside partners
- Excellent organizational skills
Please send resumes and a cover letter to Selina Meere - Selina@workman.com
We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
Digital Production Associate
Workman Publishing seeks a detail-oriented digital production associate. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will work with the digital team to produce ebook files in-house, perform quality assurance, help to manage the ebook production schedule to ensure content from the relevant departments is received and updated in a timely manner, and work with files to alter design elements and tag as needed. You will ensure that our ebooks meet established standards and will work with the digital production manager to streamline our existing workflows.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule and produce front and backlist digital book editions to industry standards
- Consult on digital production workflow with editorial and managing editorial departments
- Maintain excellent understanding of current ebook and digital technologies, with the ability to apply them to titles heavy with art (photographs and illustrations)
- Ensure all aspects of quality assurance as well as debugging known issues
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a technical field)
- 2-3 years of experience in book publishing
- Prior experience with ebook design and production or related application development experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficient knowledge of XML, HTML, CSS
- Experience with managing an editorial calendar
- Experience with digital asset management
Workman is a medium-sized independent publisher of award-winning cookbooks, parenting/pregnancy guides, and fun and educational children’s books as well as high-end gift books, fiction, gardening, and sustainable living. Our West Village office is high-energy and creative, staffed by people who love interesting books.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
Design Manager, Artisan Books
Artisan Books, a division of Workman Publishing (located in New York City’s West Village neighborhood), seeks a team-player that provides fresh and beautiful designs for a diverse list of illustrated books.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative and exciting designs for approximately 5 titles per season
- Design covers, and jackets for approximately 8 titles per season
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, freelancers, in-house typesetters, and junior level designers
- Make corrections on all passes and prepare titles for production
- Approximately five years of experience in illustrated book design
- Knowledge of book traditions and typographic conventions
- A keen layout sensibility, and the proven ability to select and sequence images for publication
- Expert skills in Adobe Indesign CS, Adobe Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS are required.
- BFA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in In Design, Photoshop and Creative Suite
- Previous design experience required; typesetting experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong time management, follow up and follow through skills
- Great attitude – team player
- Presentation of portfolio required
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
Publicity & Marketing Assistant, Storey Publishing
Located in North Adams, MA, the Publicity & Marketing Assistant supports the publicity and marketing department by communicating with media and authors as part of a fast-paced, creative team. Responsible for responding to media requests for images, excerpts, and review copies; coordinating travel and event promotion for authors on tour, developing media lists and updating press contact databases; developing relationships with authors and media; and writing publicity and marketing copy as required. Read More »