Thank you for your interest in a career at Workman Publishing. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team! We invite you to explore our career options below; we look forward to hearing from you.
Associate National Accounts Manager
Workman Publishing is seeking a full-time Associate National Accounts Manager to handle the sell-in and management of Ingram, B&N College, and BN.com for all of Workman Publishing’s imprints and formats. Final account responsibilities will be dependent upon candidate’s experience. This position will also have a key role in the company’s sales analytics, and therefore skill and experience with the Microsoft Suite (including Microsoft Access) is strongly preferred. Interest in and experience with analyzing and reporting on data is a necessity. This position will also support the Director of National Accounts in the everyday management of other key National Accounts, including Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, and Calendar Holdings. Candidates should be detail-oriented and highly organized. Two years of publishing experience required. Must be a problem solver.
- The sell-in and management of several key National Accounts
- Supervision of the National Accounts Department, including departmental assistant
- Analytics and sales reporting for the sales department and greater company at large
- Minimum of two years publishing experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Access
- Interest and experience with sales analysis and reporting
- Highly organized
- Ability to problem solve a must
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
Editorial and Publishing Assistant
Workman Publishing is seeking a full-time Editorial and Publishing Assistant who will report directly to both the Executive Editor/Director of Cookbook Publishing and the Associate Publisher.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the crossroads of the editorial and business sides of publishing, putting to use strong writing, editorial, and analytical skills and an interest in sales, marketing, and the overall business of publishing. The ideal candidate will be responsible, creative, and passionate about books. She or he will have excellent time management and communication skills, as well as a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a willingness to ask questions. Some prior publishing, office, or bookselling experience is preferred, and familiarity with Excel is required. The ideal candidate will possess strong writing skills; be a dedicated reader of periodicals and blogs; and have an interest in food, cookbooks, culture, and trends.
- Editorial support
- Author contact
- Database and Metadata maintenance
- Sales tracking
- Administrative duties
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Prior publishing, office, or bookselling experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong writing skills
- Dedicated reader of periodicals and blogs
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.