Thank you for your interest in a career at Workman Publishing. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team! We invite you to explore our career options below; we look forward to hearing from you.
Workman Publishing seeks a Marketing Coordinator to join its dynamic publicity and marketing team. Position will report to the Associate Director of Marketing.
- Title Campaign Manager: Responsible for executing the campaigns for frontlist titles each season, working to realize the strategy and plans developed by the Executive Director of Publicity and Marketing, the Director of Digital Marketing and Strategy, and the Associate Director of Marketing. Includes responsibilities across both digital and traditional platforms that reach both consumers and the trade.
- Promotional Materials: Assist in the idea generation and design of promotional materials for authors, accounts, and partners. Including postcards, posters, authorless event kits, and more
- Partnership Acquisition and Retention: Facilitate large-scale partnerships and promotions with third parties for both backlist and frontlist titles. Plan and conduct sweepstakes, but also assist in developing the next phase of Workman’s partnership programs in conjunction with the department leadership team.
- Author Relations: Work closely with authors to develop campaigns and build personal brands
- Backlist Campaign Manager: Execute on the backlist campaigns developed by the Associate Director of Marketing
- Advertising: Assist in the design, submission, and billing of all ads across digital, print, and broadcast media
- Marketing Mailings: Organize and execute marketing mailings, including bookstore mailings, and online research to identify influencers in the areas Workman publishes into, book blogging, book clubs, and more.
- Marketing Meetings: gather materials needed and take notes at weekly marketing meetings and prepare the marketing presentations for sales conference
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-3 years book publishing marketing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, both internal to Workman and with outside partners
- Excellent organizational skills
Please send resumes and a cover letter to Selina Meere - Selina@workman.com
We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
Publicity & Marketing Intern, Artisan Books
Artisan Books (located in New York City's West Village neighborhood) seeks a highly motivated intern to assist its busy publicity and marketing department for a fall internship. Our intern should enjoy multi-tasking and be organized, detail-oriented, and interested in learning about both the book publishing industry and public relations basics. Our intern facilitates media requests so stellar interpersonal skills are required. Public relations/marketing experience and basic Photoshop and InDesign capability are preferred, but not required. Responsibilities include media monitoring, image processing, and mailings. This is an excellent opportunity for a college upperclassman or a recent graduate looking to gain experience in publishing, food, and lifestyle public relations. We are looking for someone who can commit to 25 hours a week for a minimum of three months.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Theresa Collier: Theresa@artisanbooks.com.
Book Designer/Design Manager, Artisan Books
Artisan Books, a division of Workman Publishing (located in New York City’s West Village neighborhood), seeks a team player who provides support and strong design skills for a diverse list of illustrated books.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from freelancers, in-house typesetters, and Art Director.
- Support our processes by inheriting designer's styles, routing passes, and releasing to production for half the list
- Create innovative and exciting designs for approximately 3-5 titles a year
- Design covers for approximately 3-5 titles a year
- Make corrections on all passes and prepare titles for production
- Approximately five years of experience in illustrated book design
- Knowledge of book traditions, typographic conventions, and print production.
- A keen layout sensibility, and the proven ability to select and sequence images for publication
- Expert skills in Adobe InDesign CS, Adobe Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS are required.
- BFA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Creative Suite
- Previous design experience required; typesetting experience a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong time management, follow-up, and follow-through skills
- Great attitude - team player
- Attention to detail a must
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.