Thank you for your interest in a career at Workman Publishing. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team! We invite you to explore our career options below; we look forward to hearing from you.
Digital Marketing & Strategy Manager
The Digital Marketing & Strategy Manager is responsible for executing Workman Publishing’s digital consumer marketing campaigns and driving audience growth, engagement, and sales for Workman’s titles and brands.
Digital Platforms, Advertising & Syndication
- Oversee and execute native digital advertising for Workman, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, and Snapchat
- Manage, test, and execute syndication platforms for native content
- Oversee NetGalley account management, day-to-day communications, and advertising/marketing opportunities
- Management and execution of SEO/SEM and Display advertising
- Assist in and advise on the execution of digital advertising components of title and brand marketing campaigns
- Explore new social media platforms with digital advertising in mind
Analytics & Reporting
- Spearhead customer retargeting and remarketing of newsletter lists, social media followers, and visitors to Workman.com
- Daily, weekly, monthly, by season, and annual reports for web traffic, conversions/sales, and social media insights for Workman, as well as campaign reports for titles and brands. Followed by the ongoing creation of meaningful, actionable analysis and recommendations for Workman’s ongoing/future products and campaigns.
- Evaluate and communicate advertising campaign results, especially with external agencies and parties
Digital Content, Newsletters & Social Media
- Creation and execution of existing newsletters
- Implementation of lead generation strategy for new customers and email addresses
- Creation of VIP list of customers and actionable plans for retargeting
- Assist with SEO optimization of Workman metadata, blog posts, sharing language, etc
- Assist with merchandising decisions on Workman.com
- Suggest and map out workman ebook promotions and sweepstakes with digital sales and operations
- Knowledge and certification in Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Experience with Facebook Ad Manager, Promoted Pins, Instagram Advertising, as well as the advertising tools for other and emerging social media platforms
- Proficiency with MailChimp and WordPress
- Best practices for Amazon Ads Manager
- Familiarity with social listening tools such as BuzzSumo, Sprout Social, and SEM rush
- Proven effective use of syndication platforms including Outbrain
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to Selina Meere Selina@workman.com
Workman Publishing is a seeking an experienced, creative, and execution-oriented Marketing Manager who will bring a wide breadth of professional and personal knowledge to Workman’s diverse publishing categories. The ideal candidate will be passionate about books and have an interest in food, popular culture, health and wellness. We are seeking someone with a positive, can-do attitude, who is able to multi-task and stay on track in a fast-paced work environment.
- Develop and execute campaigns for the majority of frontlist titles each season, working to realize the strategy and plans developed by the Executive Director of Publicity and Marketing and the Associate Director of Marketing. Includes digital and traditional platforms, as well as the design and use of promotional materials for authors, accounts, and authorless events.
- Facilitate large-scale partnerships and promotions with third parties for both backlist and frontlist titles.
- Execute backlist campaigns as developed by the Associate Director of Marketing.
- Assist in the strategy, design, submission, and billing of all ads across digital, print, and broadcast media.
- Assist in bookstore promotions and mailings for all applicable titles each season.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Workman’s presence at select business-to-consumer conferences.
- Work closely with authors to develop title campaigns and build personal brands.
- 3+ years experience in book marketing, sales, or publicity.
- Experience with MailChimp and Word Press or similar platforms.
- A strong knowledge of bookselling and the publishing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Experience with design tools including Photoshop and InDesign preferred.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Publicity and Marketing Intern, Artisan Books
Artisan Books (located in New York City’s West Village neighborhood) seeks a highly motivated intern to assist its busy publicity and marketing department. Our intern should enjoy multi-tasking and be organized, detail-oriented, and interested in learning about the book publishing industry. Our intern facilitates media requests so stellar interpersonal skills are required. Must possess an interest in illustrated books in the lifestyle sector including cooking, design, crafts and hobbies. Public relations/marketing experience and basic Photoshop and InDesign capability are preferred. Responsibilities include media monitoring, image processing, targeted media research, and mailings. This is an excellent opportunity for a college upperclassman or a recent graduate looking to gain experience in publishing, food, and lifestyle public relations.
Length of internship: 4-6 months, beginning ASAP
Payment/Hours: Hourly pay. Three days per week, totaling 25 hours.
To apply, please send a cover letter and a resume to Theresa Collier: firstname.lastname@example.org.